A great alternative to catteries – your cats stay at home while you’re on holiday
Cat sitting is an ideal service for owners who are on holiday and want their cats to stay at home. We can provide cat visits morning, daytime or evening to provide fresh water, food, make a fuss and carry out other useful tasks.
Things we can do on a cat visit:
- Provide food, fresh water and clean bowls
- Groom your cats
- Play with your cats
- Dispose of old cat litter
- Clean out litter tray
- Bring in post
- Water plants
- Give you an update
- Turn lights on and off
- Open and close curtains
- Bring packages and newspapers in
- Take rubbish and recycling out
All of our pet sitters will carry out pet visits in unmarked cars, to increase security while you are away on holiday.
Visits are usually twenty minutes long, but we can stay for as long as you like and visit as many times as you need. If your cats are nervous we will give them their space, but if they are friendly or playful we will provide lots of fuss, cuddles and play!
How does cat sitting benefit your cat?
- Stay at home in their safe and secure environment.
- Surrounded by familiar sounds, smells and sights.
- Regular diet and exercise routine.
- No stress from transportation (the RSPCA advises pet owners to leave pets at home rather than transporting them, as they find the travel stressful).
- No exposure to cattery diseases, other animals, fleas, ticks, parasites (the feline coronavirus is particularly prevalent in multi-cat environments like catteries)
- No stress from being in close proximity to strange animals. Cats are territorial and solitary, so being near other strange cats and in a strange places is stressful.
- Will love having playtime and attention from the cat sitter.
- Medical treatment will be maintained, if required.
- Having someone responsible on hand in case of an emergency.
- Our cat sitters have a vet nurse and pet care expert on hand.
How does cat sitting benefit you?
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your cat.
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbours.
- Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out several times a day)
- Time saver – saves you dropping your cats off and collecting them after holidays.
- Having the confidence that the cat sitter can deal with other issues such as grooming and vet visits.
- Regular updates if and when required
Other services you may be interested in
If you're going away you may be interested in our dog home boarding service, or if you’re out for the evening we can provide evening dog visits. Please contact your local branch for more information or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.