Dog home boarding
Dog Home Boarding
A great alternative to dog boarding kennels
We Love Pets offer an excellent home-from-home dog boarding service while you’re on holiday. This is a fantastic alternative to traditional dog boarding kennels; ideal if you are on holiday and want your dog to be thoroughly pampered while you’re away.
So how does dog home boarding work?
Your dog is welcomed into the home as part of the family and will enjoy walks and plenty of fuss. If your dog enjoys home comforts and gets on with other dogs and people, this is the perfect solution to holiday care. Your dog’s diet and daily routine will be maintained throughout your dog’s stay. We are not just dog sitters – our aim is to fully integrate your dog into the life of our family during their stay.
About our home boarders
For your peace of mind our home boarders are
- Experienced dog owners
- Licensed by the local authority
- Fully insured
- Police checked
- Trained in canine first aid
Is my dog suitable for home boarding?
Home boarding is suitable for dogs who are friendly, well socialised and enjoy living as part of a family. We can only board dogs that meet the following criteria:
- House trained
- Up to date with vaccinations (including kennel cough)
- Up to date with flea and worming treatment (using products recommended by the vet)
- Friendly and sociable with people and other dogs
- Neutered males
- Some license conditions mean that dogs under 6 months can’t be boarded – please check with your local branch or consider housesitting instead.
What will I need to provide?
You’ll need to bring your dog’s food and bed, and perhaps some familiar toys to make your dog’s stay as comfortable as possible. You’ll need to bring your dog’s vaccination record. Your dog carer will provide you with updates and photos, so that you know your dog is having a great holiday!